Start your non-binding application
Interested in going on an exchange abroad? Pre-apply to our program and you and your parents will be invited to an interview where we will tell you more about the program and how to get accepted. Our places fill up quickly so get started today.Click here
Why choose EF?
EF Education First is the largest private educational organization in the world with schools and offices in more than 50 countries. 3 million students have already chosen to travel with EF.Click here
How to finance your High School Program
Contact your local EF office if you wish to discuss different options for financing your student exchange.
Program fee payments are divided into three or four installments. Your local EF office can supply you with more details. Below we provide an example of how a payment plan can be structured:
- 10 days after acceptance: $1,000 deposit
- Five months before departure: 25-30 percent of the total program fee
- Three months before departure: Additional 25-30 percent of the total program fee
- Two months before departure: 100 percent of the balance due
If you are interested in setting up a personal payment plan, please contact your local EF office.
We recommend that you plan for approximately $300 - $400 CAD for personal expenses per month. This is a general average and does vary by host country.
To calculate the approximate cost of your exchange year, here is a list of some common items that are not included in the program fee:
- Domestic flight to Canadian international gateway
- Pocket money
- Transportation to and from school
- School books (except for mandatory classes)
- School lunches
- Travel in the host country
- Hygiene products
- Club memberships
- Free time activities
- School uniforms, if required
- Visa costs
- Airport or flight taxes